Medical-Grade Power – Simplified
Today’s medical applications have stringent regulatory requirements, therefore, RECOM’s medical-grade converters have been specifically designed to meet them.
Due to the high-risk nature of medical applications, the corresponding electronic equipment are held to very high standards of safety and reliability. RECOM’s modular REM and RACM series converters offer complete, compliant solutions that reduce design time, simplify end-user certification and provide faster time to market. These DC/DC and AC/DC converter series feature reinforced isolation with two means of patient protection (2 x MOPP), low leakage current (BF conform) and >8 mm creepage and clearance distances. All medical-grade converters come fully tested and are complete drop-in products.
- DC/DC Converters - REM Series
- Cost-Effective Medical DC/DC Converters
- AC/DC Converters
- DC/DC Converters - R05CT05S
Low Power Medical DC/DC Converters
RECOM's REM1 and REM2 offer a 1W or 2W solution in a compact, industry-standard package. They are 2x MOPP certified with 250 VAC working voltage. Both series can boast a wide operating temperature range from -40°C up to +80°C (REM2) or +90°C (REM1) and an efficiency rating of 85%. International medical safety certifications of IEC/EN, and ANSI/AAMI 60601-1 (3rd and 4th Editions) have been met for both series.
- Medical grade DC/DC converter
- Reinforced insulation for 250 VAC working voltage
- Clearance and creepage distance: 8 mm
- 5.2 kVDC I/P to O/P 2x MOPP isolation
- -40°C up to +80°C (REM2) or +90°C (REM1) operating temperature
- Medical certified (3rd Edition safety, 4th Edition EMC)
- Medical equipment applications
- Monitoring systems
- High isolation DC/DC
- Medical applications
Medium Power Medical DC/DC Converters
The REMXX-W series of medical grade regulated DC to DC converters features reinforced 5kVAC/1 minute isolation with low 2µA leakage and are 60601-1 3rd Ed. certified for 250VAC continuous working voltage isolation. The industry standard 1.6”x1” package offers tightly regulated single and dual outputs, with low output ripple and zero-load operation. The outputs are also short circuit and overload protected.
- 2MOPP reinforced isolation at 250VAC continuous working voltage
- Up to 5kVAC/1 minute isolation
- Clearance and creepage distance > 8.0mm
- -40°C to +105°C operating temperature range
- 2µA patient leakage current including B, BF, and CF compatibility
- Single and dual outputs
- Compact size of 1.6 in. x 1 in.
- Zero-load operation
- UL/IEC/EN60601-1 3rd edition certified
- ITE (Commercial)
Cost-Effective Medical DC/DC Converters
RECOM's REM3.5E, REM5E, and REM6E medical grade regulated DC/DC converters feature 250 VAC working voltage, up to 5 kVAC/1 minute reinforced isolation and low 2 µA leakage. An optional external control pin brings standby consumption down to only 12.5 mW.
- 3.5, 5, or 6 Watt DC/DC converters
- REM3.5E, REM5E and REM6E series in space-saving DIP24 case
- 2 x MOPP reinforced isolation at 250 VAC working voltage
- Up to 5 kVAC/1 min. isolation with 8mm creepage and clearance
- 2 μA leakage current (conforms to B, BF or CF rated outputs)
- UL/IEC/EN60601 3rd Ed. certified with CE mark
- Industrial temperature range from -40°C up to +85°C, up to 5000 m
- 5-year warranty
RECOM's RACM series are highly efficient 18 W to 550 W AC/DC power supplies with 2 x MOPP safety approval for mains-powered medical applications. These enclosed power supplies have universal AC input voltage, 4 kVAC isolation, low standby consumption, active PFC (>0.95) and do not require a minimum load. Wide range of open-frame options also available.
- Compactly sized - ranging from 1.6” x 3” to 3” x 5”
- 4kVAC/1 min isolation
- 2MOPP reinforced isolation
DC/DC Converters - R05CT05S
The economical R05CT05S series is a 0.5W module in a tiny SOIC-16 (10.3mm x 7.5mm x 2.6mm) package. It is thermally enhanced with 3D power packaging technology for low-noise output and also features reinforced isolation (5kVAC/1min). It has a 2MOPP rating and is UL certified.
- 10.3 mm x 7.5 mm x 2.6 mm SMD package
- 16-pin SOIC
- Single, 5 V or 3.3 V post-regulated selectable outputs
- Ultra-wide temperature range: -40°C to +140°C
- Low electromagnetic emissions
- 2MOPP rating
- 5 kVAC reinforced isolation