― 26 ―
No. Process Condition
12 Caution during
A capacitor shall not be touched directly with bare hands during operation in
order to avoid electric shock.
Electric energy held by the capacitor may be discharged through the human
body when touched with a bare hand.
Even when the equipment is off, a capacitor may stay charged. The capacitor
should be handled after being completely discharged using a resistor.
The terminals of a capacitor shall not be short-circuited by any accidental contact
with a conductive object. A capacitor shall not be exposed to a conductive liquid
such as an acid or alkali solution. A conductive object or liquid, such as acid and
alkali, between the terminals may lead to the breakdown of a capacitor due to
Confirm that the environment to which the equipment will be exposed during
transportation and operation meets the specified conditions. Do not to use the
equipment in the following environments.
(1) Environment where a capacitor is spattered with water or oil
(2) Environment where a capacitor is exposed to direct sunlight
(3) Environment where a capacitor is exposed to Ozone, ultraviolet rays or
(4) Environment where a capacitor exposed to corrosive gas(e.g. hydrogen
sulfide, sulfur dioxide, chlorine. ammonia gas etc.)
(5) Environment where a capacitor exposed to vibration or mechanical shock
exceeding the specified limits.
(6) Atmosphere change with causes condensation
The products listed on this specification sheet are intended for use in general
electronic equipment (AV equipment, telecommunications equipment, home
appliances, amusement equipment, computer equipment, personal equipment, office
equipment, measurement equipment, industrial robots) under a normal operation and
The products are not designed or warranted to meet the requirements of the
applications listed below, whose performance and/or quality require a more stringent
level of safety or reliability, or whose failure, malfunction or trouble could cause
serious damage to society, person or property. Please understand that we are not
responsible for any damage or liability caused by use of the products in any of the
applications below or for any other use exceeding the range or conditions set forth in
this specification sheet. If you intend to use the products in the applications listed
below or if you have special requirements exceeding the range or conditions set forth
in this specification, please contact us.
(1) Aerospace/Aviation equipment
(2) Transportation equipment (cars, electric trains, ships, etc.)
(3) Medical equipment (Excepting Pharmaceutical Affairs Law classification Class1, 2)
(4) Power-generation control equipment
(5) Atomic energy-related equipment
(6) Seabed equipment
(7) Transportation control equipment
(8) Public information-processing equipment
(9) Military equipment
(10) Electric heating apparatus, burning equipment
(11) Disaster prevention/crime prevention equipment
(12) Safety equipment
(13) Other applications that are not considered general-purpose applications
When designing your equipment even for general-purpose applications, you are kindly
requested to take into consideration securing protection circuit/device or providing
backup circuits in your equipment.