DATE OF LAST MODIFICATION
October 29, 2015
This website (the “Site”) is provided by Digi-Key Corporation (d/b/a Digi-Key Electronics).
- Information We May Collect From You
- We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide when you make a purchase from us or register with us which may include your name, address, email address, phone/fax number and your shipping and billing information (including credit references if you are a trade customer);
- Information that you provide when you make an enquiry or request information from us (whether by email, through our 'live chat' service, our forums or otherwise);
- Information that you authorise a third party (e.g. a social network such as Facebook) to share with us, such as your email address or other information that may identify you;
- Correspondence, or a record of it, if you should contact us;
- Surveys that you complete; and
- Statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns, which does not identify you. This means information about your computer and your use of our services, including (where available) your IP address, unique mobile device identifier (UDID), International Mobile Equipment ID (IMEI), Android ID, device MAC address, browser information, operating system, timestamps, the pages that you request, applications downloaded, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- How We Use Your Information
- We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To process and deliver your order, including to send you order notifications and take payment for your order;
- To ensure that the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, for example:
- To make the Site easier for a user to use by not requiring a user to enter user identifiable information more than once, if registered;
- To help user quickly find services or information on the Site; and
- We may use identifiable information to develop, customize, and deliver content on the Site, to improve the Site’s functionality, or to develop and inform user of new products and updates.
- To answer your questions and improve our services;
- To notify you, via service emails, about changes to our services;
- To notify you in connection with your purchase(s), for example when a supplier issues a Product Change Notice or schedules an End of Life (obsolete) date in connection with a product you have purchased; and
- For email marketing purposes where you have consented to this and for other forms of marketing where appropriate.
- How We Share Your Information
- We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- To other members of the Digi-Key group of companies, our partners and service providers for the purpose of: managing or administering certain aspects of our services; for anonymised analytics purposes; and to help us develop new services;
- To protect the rights, property or safety of us or other users or our services;
- Where we are obliged, or permitted, to do so by law;
- If we (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets; and
- For marketing purposes where you have consented to this.
- We may pass anonymised, aggregated information to third parties about how our users use the Site and our services but this will not include information which could be used to identify you.
- Where We Store Your Information
- We take appropriate organisational and technical measures to protect the personal information that we hold. We limit access to your personal information to those who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information in order to carry out their jobs.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Site and any transmission is at your own risk.
- We will keep your personal information only for as long as it is needed to fulfill any of the services we provide.
- All of the major browsers offer tips and guidance for managing the cookies available on your browser. There are also lots of different third party browser plug ins and extensions available which you can download to make it easier to see and control your cookies.
- You can find out more about internet advertising by visiting the following websites: www.allaboutcookies.org, www.yourchoicesonline.eu, and www.networkadvertising.org. Some of these sites enable you to opt out of online behavioural advertising and other tracking cookies (in addition to the control settings on your browser).
- We may from time to time use third party advertisers or sponsors on the Site. In the event that we do so we will not disclose identifiable information about individuals but we may provide them with anonymised, aggregated information about our users. We may also use such aggregated information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, men in London). We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' and sponsors' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Your Rights
- We will ask for your consent if we intend to use your personal information for email marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your personal information to any third party for such purposes. Where you have consented to receive marketing emails from us, you have the right to ask us, at any time, to stop processing your personal information for such marketing purposes. You can exercise this right by completing this "Opt Out Form."
- Access To Information, Rectification And Deletion
- You have the right to access information held about you (including to request that it is corrected or deleted). Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the relevant local data protection laws. Any access request may (depending on the relevant local data protection laws of the EEA state in which you are resident) be subject to a small administrative fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. Contact us at: email@example.com for details.
- Web Site Security
- The Site is equipped with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL protocol was developed by Netscape Communications Corporation to enable encrypted, authenticated communications across the Internet. SSL uses public key encryption mechanisms, one of the strongest encryption methods available to protect data sent over the Internet. SSL provides 3 important services, all using public key techniques: Privacy, Authentication, and Message Integrity. Customer information sent is not discernible to anyone except the recipient.
- Browsers that support the SSL encryption technology are called secure browsers. Online orders to Digi-Key must be placed from a secure browser. Your browser will automatically enter the secure mode when you make purchases.
- If you do not have a secure browser and would like to place orders, please review How To Order for alternative ordering methods. Digi-Key is not liable or responsible for any loss or damage resulting from the use of a browser that is not secure.
DATE OF LAST MODIFICATION
October 29, 2015